Tuesday, March 11, 2014

      I love this picture.  I love this picture so much because it was taken during one of the greatest and most unforgettable summers of my life.  I was surrounded by people I love, doing the thing that I love, and all under the summer sun.  Every summer  for the past five years I have spent three to six weeks at a summer theater camp in the Catskills. And every summer for  the past five years has been better than the next. 
      Stagedoor Manor Performing Arts Training Center is the camp that brought me together with these people. These are some of my very best friends and even though we only see each other three weeks out of the year, I know that our friendship is something special. Being separated from our families for that long, we really had to rely on each other for support.  But most importantly, without any electronics we had to rely on each other for entertainment. We are rarely distracted by the outside world and just get to spend our time laughing and basking each others company. After one day we loved each other. 
       Stagedoor Manor taught me how to be free and how to be myself. I feel that I am my best self there. I love this picture because it encapsulates all of the amazing and hilarious moments that I experienced in one place in one image.

Link: http://www.stagedoormanor.com

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!! It looks like you are having a great time! Who are the girls in the picture? Do you still keep in contact with them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We always keep up with our group chat and we have a Skype date for this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Great work, Jenny. I am glad to hear that you have a place to go that lets you turn out of the rut of routine life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is important to get away from our usual lives and have new experiences.

    ReplyDelete